How to Pick the Best Dog Food: Tips to Choose Good Brands
Today, we have a great post from Shelby with Acana Pet Food. Picking the right food for your pet can be difficult, but with these tips, you’ll be able to know the best route for your pet. Check it out!
Tips for Choosing the Best Dog Food
Pet food has really started to make an appearance on advertisements all around us. What is the best food? What do I need to avoid? Where should I purchase my pet food? Dogs are meat eaters, and we know these based on their anatomy. A dog is a descendent of the wolf and their bodies still mirror their ancestors:
– Sharp, pointy teeth – designed to tear flesh and crunch raw bone and cartilage.
– Short digestive tract – their digestive tract is designed to absorb nutrients quickly, so quality of food is important!
– No amylase – This enzyme is found in humans and other omnivores and herbivores, but not in the dog or cat. This enzyme is for pre-digesting carbohydrates. Dogs and cats do not need large amounts of carbs in their diet.
High meat content, organs, bone and cartilage along with nutritious fruits, vegetables and botanicals can all be utilized in today’s canine. These ingredients help dogs and cats live a healthy life without the worry of illnesses or conditions caused by a poor, unfit diet. Of course, there can always be underlying genetic or environmental conditions that can still cause pets to become ill even on a biologically appropriate diet. The chances of a beloved pet to become ill when fed a nutritious diet will definitely decrease, especially when starting off that puppy or kitten off on the right diet from the start.
Dogs and cats are both meat eaters and do not require carbohydrates like their human parents do. As humans, we have the characteristics of being omnivores or herbivores and we are able to digest and utilize carbohydrates for energy.
Benefits of Acana –
– All ingredients are locally sourced from family-owned farms with humane and sustainable animals.
– Frequent Buyer Program, Buy 12 Get 1 FREE – shop at your local independent retailer – ask for a Frequent Buyer Card Envelope at your local store.
– 11 different varieties for recommended rotation.
– 4 limited ingredient diets available.
– Feed less food because of denser nutrient content than most other commercial pet foods.
– Shinier coat and overall health increases.
Find your local retailer today at (Your website link) and ask which Acana formula your pet should try!
To get more pet tips, sign-up for The Scoop from iPetsKC.
From our furry family to yours, iPetsKC